Are you a New Customer?
A New Customer is anyone applying for the supply of electricity for the first time.
If you are a New Customer, the information provided here will assist you when you visit our Customer Service Centers for a new connection. Please read carefully as this will help to speed up the process to get power to your home.
What we need from you?
If you are applying for a new connection for the first time, whether for a new premises or an old one, then you need to present the following documents at any of our Customer Service Centers;
- A Completion Notice (Permanent Permit & Power Supply Form). This is a permit issued by an FEA Inspector to your nominated licensed contractor. The Inspector signs off on this completion notice once he inspects your premises and is satisfied that the wiring and installations has been done to the required safety standards.
- Proof of Ownership.
- This is a copy of your Title of ownership of your premises.
- If you are renting, you need a signed consent letter from your Landlord.
- For homes in a village settlement you will require a signed letter from the Turaga ni Koro
- For homes on undeveloped land
- Tax Identification Number (T.I.N) Letter from the Fiji Revenue & Customs Authority
- Proof of Identity by providing any one of the following photo IDs;
- FNPF ID
- Drivers License
- Voter Registration Card
- Birth certificate with passport size photo if you have no form of Photo identification
- A minimum refundable deposit of $60. This amount might vary depending on the number of lights and power outlets installed.
Once you present the above documents at the FEA Customer Service center, you must then fill in an Agreement Form (No. A4001), as required by the Electricity Act, and sign the form in the presence of the Customer Service Rep that you will be served by.
If all of the above are in order, it will take 5 working days from the receipt of your deposit and the completion certificate from your licensed contractor, for a new connection to your premises.
Please ensure that you only use an FEA Licensed Electrical Contractor
If you would like to talk to one of our Customer Care Reps, who are available 24/7, please call 132 333 or submit an online query