Unplanned outages can be caused by traffic accidents, damage to power lines, and most commonly storms and high winds. If your power goes out unexpectedly, the first thing to do is check your circuit breaker or fuses. If you’re circuits and fuses are properly connected, call FEA on 132 333 to report the outage. In cases of widespread power outages, our phone lines may be busy, so please be patient and try again in a few minutes.
When you call to report an outage you will be asked for the following information:
- Your name, address and phone number
- The time the power was interrupted
- If it’s just your power or the entire area
- If you saw or heard anything unusual when the power went out
- If you can see any power lines on the ground
Below are the known areas without power due to circumstances beyond our control, along with the estimated restoration times and the reasons for these unplanned outages.